Tuesday, June 7, 2011

They Said It: week of June 6

Monday, June 6, 2011

Former Giants WR Plaxico Burress, upon his release from jail on Monday after serving nearly two years behind bars on a gun charge, as quoted by The Associated Press: "I just want to thank God for bringing me through one of the most trying times in my life. It's a beautiful day. It's a beautiful day to be reunited with my family. I want to go home and spend some quality time with them." Burress continued: "I'd like to thank everybody for their prayers and words of encouragement. I'd like to thank all my fans all around the world for the thousands of letters, for their unwavering support. As far as football is concerned, if and when everything gets settled, when they get back on the field, I'll be ready."

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer thinks RB Shonn Greene is poised for a breakout 2011 campaign, as quoted on NYDailyNews.com: "Shonn's ready to take that next step … He's just gotten better year in and year out. His durability this year was outstanding. You just see the confidence in his eyes. His ability to pick up pass-protection stuff has been terrific the last couple years. We expect a breakout season from him. He's a guy that's got just huge, huge, huge potential that we think is right there ready for him to grab."

Seahawks QB Charlie Whitehurst thinks he will have a chance to be the starter in 2011, as quoted on kffl.com: "Luckily I'm not going through the free-agent stuff like some guys are going through. I know I'm the only quarterback that's on the roster right now, and I'm sure that will change eventually when we get it figured out. I look at it like I'm going to get the chance to be the starter, and I think I can do it. That's what I plan to do. Whenever we figure it out, I'll compete as hard as I can to make that happen."

Giants DE Justin Tuck thinks WR Plaxico Burress can still help the Giants, as quoted on NYTimes.com: "Yes, he's two years older, but his body is fresh and he hasn't been hit. He's been working out and he's in great shape. I think he's going to be a help to the team that picks him up and I just hope it's us."

Packers WR Donald Driver is not worried about the lockout threatening the 2011 season, nor is he worried about his teammates getting out of shape during the work stoppage, as quoted on thenorthwestern.com: "I think everything will work out and we'll get back to football. Everyone is worried that we won't have a season? We will have a season. The guys look great. I know I'm running routes and doing football stuff." Added Driver: "I don't think we'll have to worry about guys being out of shape. We're professionals. I know that every guy who is going to walk through the locker room soon will be in shape."

Marley Shelton ThalĂ­a Brooke Burke Thandie Newton Liz Phair

No comments:

Post a Comment