Thursday, December 23, 2010

Three-and-out with Bears ORT J?Marcus Webb

Bears seventh-round pick J'Marcus Webb appears to be settling in at right tackle with 10 consecutive starts at the position under his belt, but he's still navigating through the challenges that come with being a rookie. While the worst for Chicago's offensive line appears to be in the past, Webb has taken his share of criticism for Chicago's struggles up front. We caught up Webb earlier this week to get his take on how he has developed during the season and what he thinks of the Jets' defense.

PFW: Compared to where things were at the beginning of the season, do you notice a difference in your play now when you watch yourself on tape?

Webb: (Offensive line coach Mike) Tice has us pick a few things every week to work on. Every week I feel like I have done that. I feel confident in my play. I don't think I'm still the same guy I was first coming in. I'm coming off the ball a little more and eliminating the mental errors.

PFW: Tice said recently that he thinks you get undue heat. Do you agree with him on that?

Webb: Of course. A lot of times media and also fans don't see the big picture. They don't see what we see on the field. Things may get misconstrued, but ultimately we're doing good. … (Criticism) makes you want to compete a little bit more and puts a little edge on you. It gets me fired up personally.

PFW: What's you impression of the Jets' front seven?

Webb: They like to throw a lot of different defensive fronts at you and try to attack you with confusion, but the guys aren't too big, so we should be able to hold up pretty good.

Christina DaRe Malin Akerman Melissa Joan Hart Bianca Kajlich Giulianna Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment