Saturday, January 22, 2011

UK bowl Q and A: Mister Cobble

Redshirt freshman Mister Cobble was Kentucky's best defensive lineman in spring practice and slated to be a starter at tackle. His season appeared to be lost when he was ruled academically ineligible before the opener at Louisville. However, thanks to the BBVA Compass Bowl's late kickoff date (Jan. 8), the 6-foot, 321-pound Cobble was able to get his fall-semester grades posted in time to be cleared to play against Pittsburgh.

Question: Now that game day is here, do you feel ready to play?

Answer: I do. There's just so much excitement and nervous energy, but I feel like I'm ready. I'm hungry more than anything, just hungry to finally get to play in a game. It feels like I've been here forever, and I've never actually played.

Q: Coach Joker Phillips has said you'll probably get 20 to 25 plays. How do you feel about that workload?

A: Actually, I feel like I could do a little more, but we've got two seniors (Ricky Lumpkin and Shane McCord) who've earned the right to that playing time. I'm just going to try and get in there and contribute when I can. In a way, 20-25 plays is perfect, because I can go all out on those plays and maybe have a bigger impact on the game.

Gisele Bündchen Jennifer Aniston Amy Cobb Deanna Russo Cheryl Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment